Reasons for Cleaving

Labels: , , .


"And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me." Ruth 1:16-17

Request - Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee
Road - whither thou goest, I will go
Residence - where thou lodgest, I will lodge
Relations - thy people shall be my people
Religion - and thy God my God
Release - where thou diest, will I die
Rest - and there will I be buried
Resolution - the LORD do so to me, and more also
Recourse if ought but death part thee and me.


3 comments

Hi brother, just thought I'd share a similar thought.

http://jayazmeditations.blogspot.com/2012/03/ruths-decision-ruth-116-17.html

September 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Yes, brother. Yours is a very lovely outlines that is similar. Isn't it wonderful that we can come independently to the same conclusion in meditating God's Word?

September 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Wonderful indeed! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Very reassuring to know that my meditation is in the right direction.

September 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Post a Comment